September Match Day Networking Lunch - 5 Key Moments
- Posted on: 26th September 2018
- Posted in: News
5 Key Moments from September’s Network Oval Business Club match day networking lunch at the Kia Oval!
1) Over 50 businesses from London and afar attended the networking lunch on a stunning day at the Kia Oval, where Surrey CCC captain and County Championship season leading run scorer, Rory Burns, also joined us for a Q&A in the Montpelier Club Lounge.
2) It’s been a special year for the Surrey captain. Firstly, he led the side to a record 20th County Championship division title for the first time in 16 years – a season in which he has amassed over 1300 runs, 400 more than the second-best run scorer. Then, just a week after becoming a County Championship winning captain, Rory was deservedly called up to the England Test squad for the first time, ahead of their tour to Sri Lanka this winter starting in October. He said he plans to play exactly the same way that made him the top run scorer in the country and plans to take it game by game, but hopefully doing well enough to be considered for the 2019 Ashes Series in England!
3) Looking ahead to next year, Rory wants to replicate the achievement of the squad in the County Championship but wants the team to push on in other formats of the game, namely the T20 Blast competition, which saw another record number of people attend at the Kia Oval!
5) John Tunley, Hospitality Sales Executive at the Kia Oval, gave guests a run-down of the upcoming events and opportunities at the stadium. Namely the upcoming Kia Oval Darts Masters in October, where John is also offering Network Oval Business Club members a discount! Contact John here to find out more.
Network Oval Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: