July Networking Lunch - 5 Key Moments
- Posted on: 26th July 2018
- Posted in: News
5 Key Moments from July’s sold out Network Oval Business Club networking lunch at the Kia Oval!
1) Ian Rose, double Paralympian medallist, now motivational speaker, joined us as guest speaker for the July networking lunch.
2) As a baby Ian contracted eye cancer, losing his left eye and most of the sight in his right. After having a hard time as a young boy at school, Ian’s parents decided – at the age of 7 – that something needed to change his life. Consequently, Ian’s Dad introduced him to the sport of Judo – an event that changed Ian’s life forever. Ian became obsessed. Ian’s rise to glory wasn’t easy, nor simple – it took him two years to win his first medal and came last in his first Paralympic competition. However, following years of hard work, Ian won a bronze medal at the Atlanta Paralympics in 1996 and eight years later, won silver in Athens.
3) Ian is now using his story to inspire others, using the mantra “why do you do what you do?”. He uses his story of resilience, growing from a shy child teased for his disability, into a highly successful sports performer and motivated business owner. Find out how Ian can help you here.
5) John Tunley, Hospitality Sales Executive at the Kia Oval, gave guests information about upcoming Vitality Blast T20 matches, the England v India test, as well as looking forward to next year’s ICC Cricket World Cup and the small matter of the Ashes. Find more information here.
Network Oval Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: