January Networking Lunch - 5 Things You Missed
- Posted on: 25th January 2018
- Posted in: News
'5 Things You Missed' from January's Network Oval Business Club networking lunch at the Kia Oval!
1) Rory Burns, newly appointed Surrey CCC club captain, joined us as guest speaker for January’s event!
2) Rory was appointed Surrey club captain last year and spoke about the new role and responsibility ahead of the upcoming season, using the current pre-season to adapt to lifestyle in a more senior role, as well as inputting his own leadership style onto the squad. His explained experiences from playing with the likes of Kumar Sangakkara, Ricky Ponting and Kevin Pietersen will only help him in his new role!
3) Looking ahead to the season, on a personal level, Rory wants to keep focussed on scoring runs in all formats of the game and hoping for a successful season on the pitch. However, when asked about a potential England call up, the Surrey captain did admit he does think about it, but not before his team-mate, Sam Curran, who has recently become the sixth Surrey academy graduate to be called up to the England squad.
5) Matthew Burt and Sim Gondalia from the Surrey and Kia Oval commercial team, updated delegates about sponsorship, hospitality and event opportunities at the Kia Oval this year. Find more info here.
Network Oval Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: