February Networking Lunch - 5 Things You Missed
- Posted on: 22nd February 2018
- Posted in: News
‘5 Things You Missed’ from February's Network Oval Business Club networking lunch at the Kia Oval!
1) Mick Dawson, Royal Marine Commando, film maker, professional sailor and adventurer, joined us as guest speaker.
2) Mick has successfully rowed across the Atlantic twice – first with his brother Steve in 2001, and again in 2005 as part of the Atlantic Rowing Race. Mick has also attempted rowing the North Pacific on three occasions, of which his only successful attempt came in 2009, completing the challenge having started in Japan and finishing under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco! This makes Mick, along with his colleague and friend, Chris Martin, the only people to have completed this row ever!
3) Having served in the Royal Marines, Mick is now working alongside Blind Veterans UK and will attempt to row the Pacific Ocean again in June 2018 from California to Hawaii. Alongside Steve Sparkes, life-long friend who is registered blind, Mick will be aiming to not only raise money for the charity, but also make Steve the first visually impaired person to row that stretch of water.
4) New members in attendance were welcomed, which this month included Bagboard.
5) Callan Arachi, Senior Sponsorship and Hospitality Sales Executive at the Kia Oval, informed delegates information about upcoming hospitality packages available for domestic and international matches this year. Find more info here.
Network Oval Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: