April Match Day Networking Lunch - 5 Key Moments
- Posted on: 23rd April 2018
- Posted in: News
5 Key Moments from April’s sold out Network Oval Business Club match day networking lunch at the Kia Oval!
1) A record breaking number of attendees joined us for the April match day lunch in the John Major Room at the Kia Oval, as Derek Redmond, former Olympian and now motivational speaker, joined us as guest speaker.
2) Derek's athletics career saw him break the British 400m record twice and be a prominent member of the 4 x 400 metre relay squad that claimed gold at World Championships, European Championships and Commonwealth Games. However, now Group Performance Director for Thomas International, Derek uses his experience to develop companies and their teams, as well as inspiring people through the mantra that “sport is a business, business is a sport”.
3) Derek spoke to guests about the importance of self-belief, self awareness and communication, linking this to a real life example of when he and the Great British team were preparing for the 4 x 400 metre relay race at the 1986 World Championships. Despite the clear favourites being the USA team, he – alongside team mates Kriss Akabusi, John Regis and Roger Black – defied the odds and won gold against an – on paper - far superior USA team. Learn more about Derek work at Thomas International here.
4) Matt Williams, Hospitality Sales Executive, gave guests information about upcoming opportunities for businesses at the Kia Oval. Find more info here.
5) If your business is looking to grow further in Hampshire, Network My Club unveiled the launch of the Network Hampshire Business Club, run in partnership with Hampshire Cricket and the Ageas Bowl. The inaugural networking lunch will take place on Friday 11th May and you can register your interest here.
Network Oval Business Club is part of the Network My Club group, and details of other upcoming events mentioned at the meeting are: